“Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be” – Abraham Lincoln
It is true that if you lead a life of cribbing, complaining and crying then there is no way you can find happiness. And if you lead your life appreciating small things then your life will be more meaningful, and you can find peace and happiness.
Your life is made up of beautiful experiences and harsh realities, they are made up of relationships both that make you grow or tie you down. It is always a mix of good or bad. It is up to you to find the best in all and make the most of everything.
Here are a few habits that if you include in your daily life will lead to a peace and happiness in your life.
1. Be kind: Kindness costs nothing, when you are kind to others you are the best to yourself. Hold the door for someone, help elderly pick their groceries; there are a lot of such small acts that will not make other smile, but will make one feel great about yourself.
2. Stop cribbing: There is no point crying over spilt milk; thus, one should stop cribbing about the wrong that has happened. Make efforts to make it right. If it is a lost battle then leave it and move on. If you keep crying then there is no way that you can progress further. You have to work and make way for new beginnings.
3. Keep away from negative people: Not only should you stop complaining in life, make sure that you keep away from negative people too. They tend to burden you with their problems and complain and bring negativity in your mind.
4. Do something new: try a new dish for lunch, sing a new song, and get something new for yourself. If you pamper yourself, you will feel happy, and it will give you more confident and appreciative of life.
5. Let go off the past: Whatever has happened has happened, no power can undo it, realize it and let it go. The burden of the past can only cause you more problems. Think and work towards a better future.
6. Exercise: Take time out to keep your body fit. A fit body makes home to a healthy brain. Take this time to help form a healthy body and soul. Concentrate; meditate for a while it will brighten up your whole day.
7. Expect less: Expectations are the men’s worst enemy. They keep you tied down to the small thoughts and stop you from achieving big. Keep your expectations to a minimum. Work towards your dreams and leave the rest. Don’t get disappointed; try again if things don’t work your way.
Life is all about the choices you make. If you desire to start a peaceful life then the entire universe will act towards getting you to that goal. It’s for you to decide. Give life and love a chance. Nobody stated life would be comfortable, but there is no point making it difficult. Love life and life will love you back. Peace and happiness do not happen by chance, you create it.